Monday, April 25, 2011

MUSINGS -- IS IT ALWAYS WRONG TO WANT TO CHANGE SOMEBODY?

To every lover I have always said
& they have always said to me -
"It is always wrong to want to change somebody
you must accept me as I am"

But now it occurs to me? -
Do I want to be accepted as I am? Yes, I do, I do,
As much as I want to be different, to be unbroken, to be healed,
I need you not to want to change me - only then can I change myself

...for if I am beautiful in your mirror, baby,
in the mirror of your eyes...

I will see that I am good  -
Only then can I be healed.
I can see that you are good -
Do you really see this in me?

Is it possible for us not to change each other
If we can accept each other as we are?
Will I not change into someone who is not lonely?
Will you not change into someone who is not alone?

You will change into someone loved, this cannot be helped
I will change into someone who loves,
Someone who feels loved,
Someone who can say "I love you",
Someone who can love,
For whom love no longer hurts

I  would change into someone loved, this cannot be helped
You would change into someone who loves,
Someone who feels loved,
Someone who can say "I love you",
Someone who can love, for whom love no longer hurts

I want to change into someone who is not ashamed,
It is always wrong to want to change somebody,
For change must always come from within
Therein lies the paradox

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I is lonely ;)