Monday, February 1, 2016

MR K., HIS LOVER & THE GIRL WHO NEVER SLEEPS

A wall-post that might become the basis of a story about the Life of Mr K ...


"I wrote song this in late 2008- early 2009. I played it only once, and this is that recording, warts and all.

I'd shacked up with a great friend - she's a diamond character, I love her to bits. I guess I gravitate towards outsiders - or do they gravitate towards me? She's a post-op inter-sex, crack-tootin' witch. Me? I was a homeless waif with a messiah complex, so it was inevitable that we became lovers - a flame as bright as it was brief.

One day we stopped by her friend's place to deliver some 'black market goods' - and I became obsessed with the girl I met there, taking the opportunity to return there later on, after I was temporarily banished from the Crack-witch's domain following a lover's tiff.

I was convinced a series of poems I composed 20 years prior were about this girl I'd just met and knew nothing about ! - I was psycho enough to believe this wholeheartedly, and she seemed to give a lot of credence to the idea - most of the poems were quite general, so I guess the rational explanation was that I was unwittingly 'cold reading' her - but, if that was so, there were enough specifics to convince her I might be right.

We began a tentative covert affair (my only ever covert affair! But I wasn't myself at this time - I was The Celebrated Mr K.! Mr K. to my friends). By tentative I mean holding hands, gentle kisses, the odd caress - like shy twelve-year olds.

I was intrigued by the stories that emerged, our lives had certain parallels, in some ways, it seemed, we were like mirror images of each other, having both having been brought up within secretive Mystery Schools and instructed in their practices from an early age.

She was terrified to fall asleep, convinced that 'Joseph' (the man convicted of murdering her lover ('Jacob') had the power to enter her dreams from his prison cell - I wasn't certain how much of the back-story was a concoction of her mind, but I was convinced that the story held much power for her - even if it was all a kind of dream it was still a riddle set by her unconscious - my interpretation was that the clue was in the names - her murdering Joseph was "he could not be forgiven" - in a sense he represented her inability to forgive, and by extension the Jewish people's difficulty in letting go of the hatred fostered by a millennia of persecution of their people. Hence the couplet,

"I am the ONE, and you are the OTHER,
I am Joseph, Son of Jacob, who forgave his brothers"

https://soundcloud.com/thefamilyofcats/i-love-you-so-much

J.x


ps. Wrote this for your wall, but maybe will extend this into a blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I is lonely ;)