Saturday, November 20, 2010

UNTITLED POEM - 10.01.09

Nex' time you look back thru all your past lives in an instant, baby,
Baby - don' just let it go on - baby, write it all down, me babies,
Tell the world what it is like to remember your SELF.

Oh! - the pain, the tears I 'a'cry-cry-cried
of pure liquid-acid-suffering-and-joy-and-love-and-peace-and-anger-and-fame-and-waste-and-greed-and-sex-and-faith-and-hope-and-war-and-pride-and-grief-and-shame.

Oh, the pain! Oh, the pain inside - the pain and the patience.

Ev'ry man I ever killed,
I was always a'dyin' at my own hand,
A'cuttin' of my lef' hand,
A'cuttin' off me right

Ev'ry movie I ever made,
I was always a'try-try-tryin' to a'point me to the light - too right! -
Me jelly babies, me jolly jelly babies,
My archangel babies bright

An' ev'ry war I ever fought on
It was meSELF I slaughtered!
What a plonker, not a monkey, what a waste,
White horse, white horse - you're wallpaper paste

Ev'ry bill I ever paid, I could have been makin' love instead,
Ev'ry lie I ever swallowed, I was a-lyin' to myself,
I was a lion, I was brave, I was a coward,
Shoulda gone, shoulda stayed

In the factories and the mills and in the plants and in the mines...
...in the bedroom... in the kitchen... in vietnam...
THE PAIN! THE LOVE! THE HEART INSIDE!
THE COCKS I SUCKED! THE TEARS I CRIED!


Q. Have you ever tried to watch TV on acid?

A. Welllll...
...I tried to watch TV on acid
But the TV just watch'd me,
Then the TV was on acid
And I was on TV.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I is lonely ;)